August 15, 2011

{Pretty, Pretty}

Ok, so I haven't been on here a lot and here's why....



Yep, a bathroom remodel always sounds like fun until you dive with both feet in and end up somehow hitting your head on the bottom!  We are deep into this project. My sister came over to help the other day and I don't think she knew what she really signed up for!

Strip, sand, paint, varnish.  You name it I put her to work.  I can't wait for it to be done!  Probably a couple weeks out since the geek guy HAS to go to Germany for a week for work.

Still sad I'm not going!

So our bathroom...started with some paint, and besides ripping out the sinks and tub (I really want to), is getting a whole make over.  I guess we're keeping the nasty floor too.  See, when we do the sink and tub we'll probably do the floor.  Sounds like a good plan to me.

The project is going slower than I had hoped it would, but the kitchen is staying clean and the laundry is getting done.  Anyone who has done a house project remodel of any kind is cheering me on right now because they know how impossible these things are!  (Plus three little ones running around) I'm exhausted just typing that all out!



I've also completed this little side project and put a few up on etsy.  Hair barrettes for April.  Thanks to my friend Stefanie.  I just love that gal!  I kept most for April, but the ones I didn't want I thought I'd try to sell.  Keep the shop open for all the other craft stuff I've been wanting to sell too!

Always crafting something.


My big first grader!

Yep, first day of school and it's raining, poring, boy do I wish I was snoring.  We are NOT used to getting up! That's Ethan, Geek Guy, and Sterling walking up to school.
The other thing adding to my stress this week and rockin' my world is I started the bathroom thing the week school starts.  Yeah, I decided I would play super mom.  While one less child is good...that child entertained the 4 year old now at my feet.  Not much getting done in the bathroom, which by the way belongs to those children and have now taken over my bathroom.

So, if you're wondering if this mom dropped off the face of the planet?  I didn't.  Maybe just got lost in the bathroom, laundry, kitchen, a school backpack, other side project, and getting the geek guy ready to leave the country.

Wish me luck everyone, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...