August 5, 2011

{overdue project done}

Ok, this one isn't on my 101 things to do, in 1001 days list, but it SHOULD be!

Would it be bad if I added it just to check it off?

Over the past few days we've been cleaning up the basement.
Trust me.  MUCH needed.  I'd like to know who's basement doesn't need a good overall!  Anyone?  Anyone?



Well during this cleaning I came  across the basket of yarn that I have.  Yep I USED to crochet and my freshman college roommate, Sandy, taught me.  Thanks Sandy!  Anyway, I knew in the back of my head that I had two unfinished projects.  One, Ethan's baby blanket.  Yes, I'm a horrible mother.  He's almost 7 years old and I don't even have his baby blanket finished.  And two, a scarf that I started and then started to take apart because I didn't like the way it was turning out.  Too wide or something.



Yep, these are the pieces  of Ethan's baby blanket.  I promise I'll finish it and when I do it'll be up here.

So, after a few hours of trying to remember how my fingers worked with the yarn and the needle I finally succeeded in doing a few stitches!



JOY to the WORLD, the LORD helped me finish something!  Shocker with three kids around! 6, 4, and 20 months it seems like almost everything is impossible and almost nothing gets done, but low and behold I  turned my once going-to-be scarf into a baby pod or ca-coon.  It's hard to tell in the picture but this is soooo soft and thick.  Good to keep a newborn nice and warm.

YEA!!  (insert big smiley face)  Big HUGE smiley face!

And I have more!!!  The first person who has a baby who lets me use it will get 25% off their order, and 1/2 off their sitting fee!  I just love newborns!



I even bought some new yarn the other day so I can create another new baby prop.  I forgot how relaxing it is to crochet.  With this pretty yarn what do YOU think I should make???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...