August 27, 2012

{More cards more fun!}

This weeks color combo from dynamic duos challenge is a purple monochromatic combination.  A toughy for me for sure!!  Since I've scrapbooking mostly boy stuff for the last several years having a purple around is not easy to find!


I do have to say with only one purple paper found and one purple stamp ink I love the way my card turned out!



The two papers I used were Close to my heart Smokey Plum and Bamboo. I first cut the card base using the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I used the same cartridge to cut the smaller matching pieces as well.  The card base was cut at 5 3/4", the insert and top base were done at 5 1/2.  The two smaller plum and bamboo pieces were done at 1 1/4 and 1 1/2.

So that's all the cutting!  Whew, that was really hard!!!  Thanks Cricut for making our scrapping life easier!

Before assembling I stamped the base layer with two stamps from the "potential" stamp set from Close to My Heart with Almost Amethyst color from Stampin' Up.  the ink color is really old so I'm not sure if you can even buy it anymore, but mine is barley used so it's a good pad!  I did random stamping on this layer.  I then assembled the pop out.  The base layer on this part is a shape from the "Milepost shapes" that is by Close to My Heart.  (LOVE THESE!)  I then distressed the plum shape with an emery board to show a little more of the white card stock center.  I then used a sponge to go over the bamboo top layer and stamp "4 my friend" from the stamp set 4 my friend also from Close to My Heart. The top layer is put on with a foam pop thingy.  I'm not sure what their real name is.


The inside is stamped with the same ink as the front and the stamp is from the "Potential" set.  I separated the stamp.  This can be done using scotch tape, covering up what you don't want to show up, ink, then remove the tape and stamp on your paper.


And that's it!  I'm sure for most people this won't take all day like it did me!  Interrupted by a 2 year old and then picking up the bigger kids from school made it a little hard to get it done in a timely fashion! But I still love it and I'm sure one of these days I'll have a reason to send it to a good friend!

4 comments:

  1. Your shaped card is pretty and I like the crimped label. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shape of your card - very pretty!
    Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Tiffany! I really like the fun shape of your card and the popped up sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...