July 2, 2011

{fab Five}


It's time I did a fab five!  I haven't blogged in so long I feel a bit rusty, but three kids at home, summer, vacations etc, and time has gotten away from me.  Not to mention our crazy busy schedule  the kids don't let me sit at the computer for too long!!  Since it is summer I thought I would do my fab five stuff that's outside!! (at least most of it!)

First on the list is my beautiful wisteria tree out front!  Yep this is what I see every time I walk out my front door.  When we moved into our house we had a Japanese Maple tree that looked sickly a friend wanted it and we didn't so off it went!  We fell in love with the wisteria at the nursery and brought it home.  Starting in the late spring it gets FULL of these beautiful and wonderful smelling purple blooms shaped like pine cones.  Water it good and it will keep blooming all summer long!  We just love it!!  If you buy one make sure you've got a structure it can climb against.  Plus they are high maintenance.  We usually have to trim it every few weeks because it grows!!


Next up is our daises and pot on our front porch.  The daises grow just back side of the wisteria tree.  I love love love Shasta daises.  They bloom a ton all summer and they are hearty!!  They survive the Kansas hot heat!  Plus they return every year and spread like wild fire.  If you'd like some we are probably looking at thinning ours out this fall.  Be careful though they will choke out smaller plants.  The pot if from Target.  I love them, we have two of them. One on each side of the front door.  My parents got them for me for my birthday last year and every time I come home I just can't help but think of my parents and how much I love them.


Living in Kansas city we have the opportunity to go to the Crayola store often!  We recently took the kiddo's there and of course had a blast!  I'm a sucker for chalk, and found these while I was there.  I haven't seen anything like it in the stores and had to have them, since the kids dig chalk too!!  They were a bit pricy, way FUN, and I think lasted a couple of days!! 


This last one is sooo yummy!  So yummy that if you don't live in KC, you need to come for a visit just for this!!  Yes, we love our cows!  Up by Cameron, Mo., there is a local dairy call the Shatto Dairy Farm.  Here you can take a tour up close and personal style, even try milking the cows too!  You can buy milk, butter, cream, ice cream and lots of goodies there too.  I bought two of these milk glasses, which are my favorite to drink milk out of.  They have funny sayings on the back of them.  Very cleaver marketing.  While the milk comes in fancy glass bottles it tastes sooo yummy.  While they sell regular milk, they have serval flavors including my favorite, Root Beer milk!  Yep, it tastes like the ice cream melted in your root beer float!  So come on to KC to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...